2.3. Import Schedule
Note: In order to add scheduled task you should have administrative privileges. If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 it may ask you for elevation:
In order to create scheduled product import, follow few steps:
1. Specify Import settings:
Configuration name - Select Import configuration from the drop-down if you have one saved earlier or use "Create or Modify Import configuration" option to create one.
Click on "Add Current Import to Scheduler" button to specify task name, time and frequency.
You can choose Import products Daily, Weekly, Monthly or once.
Daily - If you wish to update your inventory daily, specify start time and frequency.
Weekly - If you wish to update your inventory weekly, specify the time, the day of a week and frequency.
Monthly - If you wish to update your inventory monthly, check/uncheck month (s) when you wish to import products, day and start time.
Once - You can update your inventory only once when it's more comfortable for you.
Task Name - Specify the name of your task that will be added to/displayed among other Windows scheduled tasks.
You have a possibility to set a repetition of import process within specified time in the lower box of schedule window:
If you use connection as PHP MySQL bridge - it is advisable to check fields which allow to update data before task executing through the "Get from Web" operation and upload the changed data to the
database after the task is complete due to "Post to Web" option.
When, according to set schedule the period for automated product import comes - you will get the following message:
You can, by choosing the appropriate options, perform the next operations:
- start process immediately without waiting when the timer complete the countdown and lunch the process itself;
- delay import procedure for a certain period;
- abolish the configured schedule if necessary.
Preview import - when enabled allows you to see import snapshots and changes, but actual changes will not be applied to your store database. When disabled, your inventory will be
updated after the import.
Snapshots (Import history) and changes list allow you to see import results.
Using top Automated Product Import addon's toolbar you can:
1. Delete selected snapshot from the list. Pay attention that you won't be able to undo delete from store option.
2. Refresh data forces snapshots list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts like is the latest data displayed.
3. Create or Modify Import Configuration button calls Import Wizard form, which is used to create a new configuration or edit an existing one. For more Import configuration parameters see our
troubleshooter or Store Manager documentation.
You have an opportunity to preview imported data by clicking the corresponding button - .
You can see the list of items that were in your database before the import (if an item is new, you'll see empty fields here) and the list of updated items that will be created/updated in your database
If you have new products, they'll be marked in green, and products that will be modified are marked in Blue in both tables.