1. Export Settings
The illustrations on this page were made from the Store Manager for VirtueMart!
Take a note, the view of some steps of Export Wizard ma be differed from the other Store Manager's types
You have to run Export Wizard to set up custom settings for an export process.
If you have an unregistered version of Automated Product Export Addon, only 10 records will be exported. In order to unlock its functionality, you have to purchase the appropriate license and register this extension.
Please go to the Registration page to learn about Addons’ registration procedure.
Click “Create or Modify Import Configuration” button to run Export Wizard and configure export settings.
1) Specify source to save the file to File or FTP URL. If you export products to a local file in your computer, it must be writable. If specified file does not exist - it will be created.
If you export products to file from FTP server,
Make sure to enter the correct FTP user and password. Here you can also load or save export settings (configuration).
Click “Next” button to proceed.
2) ‘Select Fields Delimiter and Quote Character’ window will open. You can check file structure and select necessary delimiter from a list or enter one there.
Click “Next” button to continue export process.
3) You can select date format type during .csv file export according to your Shopping Cart settings. For example dd.MM.yyyy for Europe, yyyy.MM.dd for USA and Canada.
You can change separator format or, for decimal, thousand, date and time.
4) Next window - “Export Options” - consists of three parts (sections):
Products you'd like to export. The default setting for this option is to export all products at the current store. If you wish to export only selected products, choose ‘Selected products’ option.
Image Export Method - is exporting image names as they are in products (database): some_image.jpg when ‘As Is’ option is checked. If you select ‘Full’ option, image name field will contain URL, that can be opened in a browser.
Noting the one of the two fields in the third section, you specify the appropriate method of product identification during the export process (in case - as parent name or as parent SKU).
Click 'Next' to proceed.
5) Next window allows you to select fields you want to be exported:
All available fields that can be exported are listed in the left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click button to move them to the right pane.
If you'd like to export all fields, simply hit an option illustrated opposite.
The order, in which columns will be saved in a .csv file, can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
You can add expression fields to customize export data.Press 'Add expression field' button to open 'Expression Editor' window.
For more details, please, press SQL Help button at the bottom of the window.
Attention! When you press "Export" button, export process will start!
5) On the last page of Export Wizard you can preview the result. You can save all export settings in Export Wizard and then upload them to the next export process.
You can also save export configurations to a file, clicking the appropriate button in ‘Preview Export’ window.
If you don't want to perform any action after saving export data, use "Nothing" option and Wizard will be automatically closed, when you press 'Save' button.
If you choose to ‘Open a directory containing result file’, check corresponding option. ‘Open result file’ option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
Now products export is finished. Click ‘Save’ button to exit from Export Wizard.
You can preview a file, that contains exported products, or open the folder, where this file is located, pressing the corresponding buttons in the ‘Automated Product Export’ windows’ toolbar: