3.1. Export Settings
Note: The wizard in every Store Manager differs, but Scheduler functions similarly.
You have to run Export Wizard to set up custom settings for an export process.
If you have an unregistered version of Automated Product Export Addon, only 10 records will be exported. In order to unlock its functionality, you have to purchase the appropriate license and register this extension.
Please go to the Registration page to learn about Addons’ registration procedure.
< - Click this button to run Export Wizard and configure export settings.
1. Specify the source to save the file. If you export products to a local file on your computer, it must be writable. If specified file does not exist, it will be created.
If you export products to file from FTP server, make sure to enter the correct FTP user and password. There, you can also load or save export settings.
Click the [Next] button to proceed.
2. In the "Select Fields Delimiter and Quote Character" window, check file structure and select a necessary delimiter from the list or enter your own.
Click [Next] to continue the export process.
3. You can select the date format during .csv file export according to your Shopping Cart settings. For example, dd.MM.yyyy for Europe, yyyy.MM.dd for USA and Canada.
You can change separator format: "Decimal", "Thousand", "Date", "Time."
4. In the next window - “Export Options” - there are three panes:
- "Products you'd like to export." The default setting for this option is to export all products at the current store. If you wish to export only selected products, choose ‘Selected products’ option.
- "Image Export Method" - is the exporting image names as they are in products (database): some_image.jpg when "As Is" option is checked. If you select the "Full" option, image name field will contain URL, that can be opened in a browser.
- "Export Product Parent Field." In the one of the two checkbox in the third pane, you should select the method of product identification during the export process - "As parent name" or "As parent SKU").
Click [Next] to proceed.
5. The next window allows you to select fields you want to be exported:
< - All available fields that can be exported are listed in the left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click button to move them to the right pane.
< - If you'd like to export all fields, simply hit an option illustrated opposite.
The order, in which columns will be saved in a .csv file, can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
You can add expression fields to customize export data.Press 'Add expression field' button to open 'Expression Editor' window.
For more details, please, press SQL Help button at the bottom of the window.
Attention! When you press the [Export] button, export process will start!
5. On the last page of the Export Wizard you can preview the result. You can save all export settings in the Export Wizard and then upload them during the next export process.
You can also save export configurations to a file by clicking the corresponding button in the "Preview Export" window.
- If you don't want to perform any action after saving export data, select "Nothing" and Wizard will be automatically closed after you press [Save].
- If you choose to "Open a directory containing result file", check the corresponding option.
- "Open result file" allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
Now products export is finished. Click the [Save] button to exit the Export Wizard.
You can preview the file that contains exported products, or open the folder where this file is located,by pressing the corresponding buttons on the "Automated Product Export" windows’ toolbar: